2009 – Has been a great year for Quoakle!
Just some of the developments and achievements....
- More part-time staff taken on board, Sean Cresswell & Jeannie Mason – Sales and Andy Smith-Marketing
- Gloucestershire Heating page goes live with 4 categories
- Quoakle expands into Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Herefordshire,Bristol & Avon, Warwickshire, and Worcestershire
- 2 Dutch Business students spent 3 months working for Quoakle-particularly successful in developing twitter marketing
- Businesses in Gloucestershire begin paying for the yearly advertising
- Quoakle CMS designed by Jeremy Onion and Mark Finney was launched in September after months of development work
- Business Development Executives start to create logos on their own! From making the phone call to confirmation of logo advertisement.
- Quoakle website continues to develop
- Lots of great new pages thanks to web developer Mark Finney
- Quoakle celebrated 3 year anniversary in October! Team went to Cheltenham and Gloucester to hand out leaflets and balloons, raising money for Interserve’s project providing water for Indian villages.
- Over 45 Businesses in Gloucestershire displaying Quoakle Leaflets
- Large A3 poster displayed in Gloucester train station
- Quoakle office is decorated, providing a dedicated space set aside for the Quoakle team
- T-shirts,hats,pens and hoodies have been produced advertising Quoakle brand
- The new alternative logo colours launched- white on blue
- New Quoakle CRM created from the well developed Access database.
- Quoakle gets listed by the important Dmoz directory
- Topics slowly expanding into the 7 counties, more businesses sign-up for the free 3 month trial
- Google ranking for Quoakle gets better! Now 3 out of 10
- Jeannie sees more businesses sign up in Wiltshire! As Wiltshire directory really takes off!
- Office manager Naomi Steele gets married at the beginning of August
- Quoakle links up with developed4u webdesigner Dave Southey and Quoakle web designs produce first website .....Gloucester Garage
- Quoaklecards – the online business card is now using its very own CMS designed by Jeremy Onion. The first of the new online business cards to be developed is Stone end Kitchen... Wedding Catering Gloucester
Wow! What a year!
Thursday, 17 December 2009
In October, Quoakle Director, Nigel Steele, and Quoakle Office Manager, NaomioClayfield, visited Red Box Studio in Birmingham to film the first Quoakle "Gogglebox" video. The video is an introduction to Quoakle and can be seen on all the Quoakle logo pages. The video is around 30 seconds long and explains how Quoakle works with images and logos instead of text. We hope this exciting development will increase interest in the site as well as help new users understand what to do when they arrive on Quoakle - the graphical directory.
To see the new video please follow this link: http://www.quoakle.com/gloucestershire/restaurants/
Posted by Nigel Steele at 17:37